Sunday, December 14, 2008

To mom, with love!

My first step, my first word, my first day at school, my first cycle ride… I remember nothing of these, but when she tells me about these with such fondness I can never express in words, it’s then I know that I can never love anybody as much as I love her. And I also then quite surely know that whatever happens she will never stop loving me.

It’s her arms I run to when everything seems so lost, it’s her advice I seek for when in doubt, it’s her comfort I crave for when in pain, it’s her presence I look for when I celebrate, and it’s simply her who comes first for all my firsts. It’s she who comes first to my mind when I am away from home and it’s her I see first when I am at home. When I scream and yell, it’s she who knows when to be quiet and she who knows when to tell me to shut up and sit quiet.

She knows when to hold me back and when to let go of me. She made me see the world through her eyes, tell the good from bad, teach humor and humility. Every prayer I say for myself I know is doubled because I know she prays for the same. With every birthday of mine, she beams and gushes, says I know you grow bigger and older, but you will always be my little child. And when there is only a single piece left of my favorite pie she says, I never quite enjoyed eating a pie.

She made me believe in fairy tales, not for the reason that they told us dragons exist but because she made me realize that dragons could be defeated. She taught me how to dream and work for those dreams, but she also taught me to dream without the condition for them to materialize, coz she said the joys of the world lies not in what exists but what we think can exist. Simply put, she taught me how to live!

I believe I don’t say this as often as I should, but I love you mom, and I will forever.

2 comments:

inku said...

awesome :)
loved it :)

Shravya said...

@inku - thanks!:)